Friday, 2 November 2012

Look What I Did!

This morning I finally was able to do something I have been wanting to do for weeks now.
Embroider our blinds.
We ended up buying plain white blinds a month ago due to not being able to find pretty, affordable and suitable blinds.
I thought it would be a nice idea to spruce them up a little but I wasn't sure I'd find the time to.
After all it takes longer than expected. 
Especially when you aren't confident on a sewing machine.
All I did was scrape up some old fabric from my sewing cupboard,
cut out the shape I wanted using a Cath Kidston bird and heart template from her book called 'Sew!'
I then placed and pinned the cut outs where I wanted them and then stitched it all into place.
I then added a few buttons and done!
Perfectly revamped blinds.


No comments:

Post a Comment