Thursday 29 November 2012

Thursday Loves!

Today I decided it was about time that I do another blog post but I couldn't quite think of anything to say, seeming as not much has been happening but then I thought how little things are sometimes the best things to contemplate on. So, I took a few photos from around the Cottage to show you a glimpse of the things I have been enjoying recently.



Making Christmas decorations out of red tartan for our tree, which by the way is going up on the week end! Yay!


Sipping tea along side my home made short bread that are from Ma's extra specially simple recipe.
150 g butter
100g plain flour
50 g sugar
Mix it all together, put it in the oven and wait until they look okay.
Talk about estimating, but they sure do taste amazing!



Reading my 'Country Living' magazine by the log burner.
Never getting bored of staring at my favorite pages! I thoroughly recommend this magazine to any countryside loving Brit out there. All of it's pages are full of picture perfect scenes of cottages and the Great British countryside. It also comes with a free booklet of D.I.Y. Christmas decorations.

Just over half way to the weekend now, yay! :D 
Have a lovely day,
Chloe
xx



3 comments:

  1. Homemade ornaments to me are the very best. You can keep them through the years and remember Christmases past. Yours are lovely! And I must say, I've made shortbread quite similar to your recipe and you wouldn't think it but it tastes soooo good for having only three ingredients!

    Merry Christmas in advance! :)

    ~ Miss Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much in agreement with you, Miss Elizabeth and a very Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog! will b following :)

    ReplyDelete